Extended story coming soon!
The Shelby Tractor & Truck Company bought the factory in 1918 and began manufacturing vehicles. Using the adjacent rail system, Shelby tractors were shipped throughout the United States and to Sweden, Denmark and Constantinople. In 1920, the town of Shelby replaced its team of horses with a Shelby tractor. Financially, the company never had enough capital and manpower to fulfill large orders, and in 1922 the company closed.