Extended story coming soon!
at Mack Ave. 1920-22
In 1920, Shelby Wax Paper opened shop in the portion of the tractor building Shelby Metal Products vacated. William Muchmore, superintendent of the Shelby Salesbook Co., designed and built a wax paper press, and with a couple of investors, opened the factory. The wax coated paper was used for various purposes, including wrapping bread and groceries; scraps were used to pack jewelry and automobile parts. In 1922, the company merged with Crystal Tissue Mills, which supplied the paper, and moved the operation to Middletown, Ohio.