at Mack Ave. 1923-1934 The Shelby Paper Box Company shared space with the Shelby Cycle Company, moving into the building in 1923. The company operated in Shelby for 11 years, moving to Cleveland as 90 percent of their product was delivered to customers in there.
at Mack Ave. 1921 - abt. 1923 The New Jersey company established in factory on the lower floor in 1921. Little is known about the company and they had vacated the building by 1923.
1921 - abt. 1930s A group of ten local businessmen purchased the factory building in 1921, intending to attract small manufacturing businesses to the area. It proved to be a successful incubator in establishing the Shelby Cycle Frame Builders and Shelby Paper Box Company. The Beswick Round Fabric Belting Company also rented a portion of… Continue reading Shelby Industrial Association
1919-1921 The Shelby Advertising Club sponsored an auto show for several years. From 1919 – 1921, the show was staged in the vacant factory space. More than 10,000 people attended the multi-day events, which included up to 60 automobiles, tractors, home exhibits as well as local exhibitors such as the Autocall across the street. Bands… Continue reading Shelby Auto Shows
at Mack Ave. 1920-22 In 1920, Shelby Wax Paper opened shop in the portion of the tractor building Shelby Metal Products vacated. William Muchmore, superintendent of the Shelby Salesbook Co., designed and built a wax paper press, and with a couple of investors, opened the factory. The wax coated paper was used for various purposes,… Continue reading Shelby Wax Paper