Area farmers were also inventors. In 1921, Joe Promenschenkel and partners Harry Kyle, Fred Yetzer and Edward Promenschenkel built and received 10 patents for a shock corn husker, which they displayed in the tractor building. The 5 hp engine could run on gasoline or kerosene and husk 250 bushels of corn a day. The incorporation… Continue reading Corn Husker Manufacturing Co. 1921
1953 - 1960 AMF, after buying the Shelby Cycle Co., moved the cycle operations to a warehouse on Whitney Avenue and the cycle offices to the Shelby Mutual building on Main Street, and began making automatic pin-spotters for bowling alleys in the factory. AMF moved to a new facility on Martin Drive and sold the… Continue reading American Machine and Foundry
at Mack Ave. 1923-1934 The Shelby Paper Box Company shared space with the Shelby Cycle Company, moving into the building in 1923. The company operated in Shelby for 11 years, moving to Cleveland as 90 percent of their product was delivered to customers in there.
at Mack Ave. 1921 - abt. 1923 The New Jersey company established in factory on the lower floor in 1921. Little is known about the company and they had vacated the building by 1923.
1921 - abt. 1930s A group of ten local businessmen purchased the factory building in 1921, intending to attract small manufacturing businesses to the area. It proved to be a successful incubator in establishing the Shelby Cycle Frame Builders and Shelby Paper Box Company. The Beswick Round Fabric Belting Company also rented a portion of… Continue reading Shelby Industrial Association